Bay area, Fort bragg, Willits, Ukiah, Sacramento, Tracy, CA or Reno

I'm planning to build mine on spring break. That's coming soon.
smile.png

Quote:
LOL, you just HAD to bring that up, eh? Luckily I have two 4' x 4' brooders, but.... I still don't even have a design for the new coop. I'm so inept at designing anything. And this coop will be on uneven ground. DH and I need to get going if we plan on having the coop ready by the time these chicks start laying!
wink.png

Woohoo... I can't wait to get these cuties. I'll be sharing my chicks with another BYCer who has very generously given me chicks that she's hatched. C'mon April!

We're going to make our brooder soon and our backyard has been leveled and we will be building the coop and run in the next few weeks!
I'm so excited! Still trying to work out the coop design though.

There are so many great coop designs here. I love my coop for functionality but it could definitely be better looking. I think the next big coop I design will use the same coop that Orpington Manor used for inspiration but with the all the same great functions of my current coop. Seriously, you have to check out the link on Orp's page for the coop design that inspired her coop! It is one beautiful coop! Needs to be bigger though and farther from the house and insulated and...
Also I need to move first so I can have more room for more animals!!! Mwwwaaahahahaha...
clap.gif

Quote:
Aw, shucks!
lau.gif
I agree, bigger is better. Except that I can't have any more than my coop will hold. and, it's never really cold here, not like you get in Reno. So, it works. Thanks for the kind words, though.
smile.png

Quote:
Aw, shucks!
lau.gif
I agree, bigger is better. Except that I can't have any more than my coop will hold. and, it's never really cold here, not like you get in Reno. So, it works. Thanks for the kind words, though.
smile.png

You're welcome.
smile.png

OK. Now the big outdoor brooder is done as well so there's lots of room for new babies.
big_smile.png
We have 3 &1/2 weeks left before the chicks arrive!
celebrate.gif
They are due to be shipped on the 19th of April and should arrive here by the 21st. I will be leaving on the following Friday to make deliveries. The Reno folks can pick them up as soon as they arrive but the rest will be delivered on Friday and Saturday (23rd and 24th of April). First delivery will be to Chance Rider then a stop in Sacramento. Then on to Martinez, then hoping to meet up with Backyarder somewhere near 680 (hope, hope, hope? If not we can shoot over to 880 and take that south to San Jose). NapsWithChickens and Plucky Pecker may have to wait 'til Saturday for their babies. It depends on how fast we make the deliveries (DH and I are both talkers though
tongue.png
). Realistically it will probably be saturday. See you all soon!
Yes we will be marking the chicks as soon as they get here with a different color for each of us. This is to keep it fair so that the last folks to get their chicks do not get the runts of the group. I think I will let someone else pick my chicks for me as well. I got 10 babies four weeks ago and it looks like 7 of them are cockerels.
hmm.png
My track record is not great so I'll let HorseFeatherz pick out my 7 for me, at random.
roll.png

Are we all ready? Less than 4 weeks!

Edited to correct my geography. Had Castro Valley's location wrong in my head. Sorry Nina!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom