Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
These are my first ever turkeys. So I need some help
lol.png
roll.png

Don't remember when I got these.... 3 months ago maybe??? Just the two of them. Some strutting and fluffing the tail..... but no gobbling. I tried to find some good reference pics but could not tell what the differences are when they are younger. When can you tell for absolute certain? Are these guys old enough? They look identical. No blue really on their heads and they frequently look VERY red, especially when they are chasing the roo around.... they don't like him very much since he's gotten so full of himself.
tongue.png

I'm guessing that these are either both hens or maybe one (it frequently has a very red head) might be a tom?? .... but please tell me for certain and also how you know
big_smile.png
I really wanted some noisy toms... but maybe next year, yeah?
wink.png
At what age do they begin gobbling???

Here they are
smile.png
I hope this pic will work well..... I figure it shows them all the way around pretty much since they really look the same feather wise.

hens.jpg

How old are they?

Their heads look like hens.... Their snoods (or snoot, as we have always called them...lol) look short, and they don't have the big lumps around their necks...and no beards yet apparently....

I'm guessing that you're going to be hearing some gobble gobble-ing. I've only raise one batch (this years are only 2 months) If they are only 3 months, they got a lot going on. You can see the snood falling over, and I think my hen still had more feather up her neck than that, at that age. I'll be interested in seeing what some more folks say.

PS try whistling real shrill at them, that always got even my young ones gobbling, especially when they were already excited.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom