BC Marans coloring question?

Hey-I just realized erin0415 and futurefarmer08 got their birds from the same breeder! I think if we all work together and help each other out it wont be so frustrating and overwhelming.
Now you guys can be line buddies and help each other out!! Mine came from a different breeder but same line.

Erin0415 I have affectionately started calling mine"getto Marans" to DH, now, I know you dont ever want to run the risk of offending anyone accidently but right now it makes me laugh. Mine just turned out so far from what I expected it was at first really dissapointing, but its ok, we will pick a direction and go forward and learn along the way. There so many wonderful people to help you here.

Actually the ones I got from the lady in Georgia were some of the best coloring that I have had. They had a lot of copper coloring from the time they feathered out. They still are working on their feathers but the Roo is going to be a handsome one.
I don't know what problems erin was having but I don't feel that this breeder is a bad one. I think we all should work together, but it is hard to tell who is honest and not. In my short experience I have been burned a lot. I have lost money and have learned a lot too. But that is life.
hu.gif

This is my 8 week old BC, she started with alot of body color that has started to fade on everything but her neck, which is turning a nice copper color. I have high hopes for her in the show ring if she continues to turn out.
25972_100_1236.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom