BCM pullet gasping for air

okay - update, since no one seems to reply to me!

Pullet looking a lot better this morning.
I dewormed her and her flock yesterday and she had her first real dose of Tylan last night (I'm a dummy and gave her .05 2 nights ago, rather than .5 (insulin syringe)
Cleaned the coop, disinfected, new bedding and DE

This morning, no gasping! YAY!!
She still has her eyes half closed (not swollen), still a bit depressed/tired
but, she's eating and drinking really well, pooping really well,
chatting when I enter the room and moving about
was upset last evening when the roo called and she couldn't go to him.

Everyone else continues to be fine - thank goodness

glad to hear she's doing better. I feel like I can't help, cause I never really did figure out what was wrong with my girl... Since I both wormed her and gave her antibiotics- I'm not sure which thing helped. I put her back out with the flock, and she was still gasping for about another day... then she stopped. I think it's a stress reaction with her. Like asthma or something
idunno.gif

As long as everybody else looks good- I figured it wasn't contagious.

Really glad she is doing better. Glad you figured out the syringes too. They can be tricky. I think de-wormimg was a good move too. If they have worms really bad you might never get them looking a bit healthier in order to give the wormer. Sort-of have to cross your fingers and hope for the best. Sorry you weren't getting many replies. BYC is usually slow on the weekends and of course when are you most likely to be home and pick up on a problem and be able to do more about it?? The weekend of course! Good luck with her and keep us updated.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom