BCM roo or pullet? And a mystery pullet!

sred98

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Oklahoma
I am thinking that this is my roo. Please excuse the mess, the neighbor's dog tore up the trash in the rain yesterday. The chickens get really excited when they do that, and they tear it up even more! LOL! He's trying to sun himself and I kept disturbing him.
tongue.png

20100615095159.jpg

Here is my little sweetie, Dollie. She is the one standing up. You can't tell it from the pictures, but her legs are electric blue. She has a small straight comb and a black head. She is a real precious bird! She flies up to my shoulders when I am outside. I got her from the Bantam Bin at Atwoods, and they get their birds from Ideal, I think.

20100615095320.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Shelly

How old are they? Is the first one a BCM? I would say the bottom is a sebright but if it has a single comb I may debate here is a pic of my gold sebright roo in this pic he is 6 weeks

55121_021.jpg

55121_022.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, she has a straight comb. She is from a hatchery, so could she just be a bad sebright? That was what I thought she looked the most like, except for the comb! It is definitely a straight comb...even has 5 little points on it! But, she is sure looking like a sebright to me, too.

Thanks for the replies, anyone else?

Shelly

My husband said that for some hatchery stock sebrights they can have a single comb because they have been mixed with something yet I also received a silver sebright batam from hatchery with feathered legs lol. But you never told me how old the BCM was? B/C It looks like a pullet to me.

Last edited:
My BCM is a 14 weeks and doesn't have the comb like that and the tail feathers look different. Mine is a hen. I'm thinking roo!

That is up for debate. I am thinking about 12-14 weeks? They're fully feathered (I have 2) and then I got some smaller ones that are maybe 6-8 weeks and half the size? Those, I can tell. The 2 bigger ones are harder.

I'm not seeing any of the deeper copper coloring, yet. My friend has BCM's (not from the same breeder) and she said the roos will start getting the deep red in the hackle and saddle feathers and they should be showing. Right now they look almost identical to my Black Sex Links except a little smaller and without the wheaten coloring . But just glancing, they are easy to confuse. They are both very hennish acting, and let the little ones sleep up under them, find them food, and make sure they are staying together. It's really sweet!
love.gif

Then I'm going to consider Miss Dollie a Sebright. Too bad the kids can't use her for their 4H project. She has the best personality!

Thanks!

Shelly

Now that she has gotten older, I am thinking Dollie is either an OEGB or an American Game. I really don't know the difference, but hopefully someone can enlighten me! She is still a sweetie, and is fascinated with the baby guineas that just hatched!
tongue.png

Any ideas??

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom