BCSilkies here, from Bat Cave, NC

Bat Cave Silkies

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Bat Cave, NC
I've been a member for a couple of weeks, but I'm just now finding my way around the site. I've had my current flock for about 4 years, but decided to specialize in Silkies about 6 months ago. My Silkies: 24 biddies in brooders on the diningroom table (partridge, self blue, red, gray, and buff); Pappa Poofty (my white Roo) and his girls, Mamma Poofty, Pearl, Cotton and Phyllis (and Momma has 1 chick at her side-Blessing); Smokey (my black Roo) and his girls Sheba, Latoya, and Victoria; Honey, my Partridge hen; Peaches, my Buff hen; Dawn (undetermined sex and color). My laying flock consists of Frock (an Aracuana that doesn't lay anymore), Ester (black cochin), Speckles and Toffee (gold comets), Colonel Klink (speckled sussex) and his girls Ava, Hilda, and Pretty Girl.
I live in the beautiful mountains of NC with my wonderful husband, our two Boston Terriers, our Maine Coon cat--Zeus, and our flock of chickens. I'm a retired RN so I have plenty of time to dote on my chickens.
My other passion, besides my husband and my chickens, is gardening. If the snow ever stops and the temps warm up I'll be pulling weeds and planting seeds.
Its great to be a member of such an informative site.

welcome-byc.gif
from Ocala, FL.

Back
Top Bottom