Be honest. How often do you hide what you are thinking?

I say the stuff I should keep in my head and don't say the stuff I should. I'm reading Mark Twain's autobiography and he said most of one's life is lived in one's head so it's impossible to write a truthful autobiography. (thinks to herself, "Boy, I hope I didn't kill this thread.")

Don't worry you two.. I will spare you and kill the thread..
9 times out of 10... I don't say what I think.. I wish life was like a reply to a post in a forum.. That way I could say it.... then erase it before hitting submit!!
lau.gif

90% of the time.

Typically, I'm hiding snarky statements, various ideas (Most of them insane), stories, questions, and methods of torture.

Ya'll are nutty. I think if people knew what we were really thinking they might be frightened at times. Seriously. Right now I want to dump everything spinning around in my head in my husbands lap and say " go ahead try to make sense of this." I won't because it will scare the crap out of him. Just the sheer number of topics rambling around in my head at the same time is enough to scare him. Its hard having a conversation though when in the back of you heard you wondering if this makes you seem just a bit weirder than you are.

I would say I keep things to myself maybe 10% of the time. Usually with hotter tempered members of my family on the topics that I know they really don't want to hear. Denial can be a powerful thing so it's not worth it for me to say it if they're not going to listen. Otherwise, everyone knows where I stand.

Rarely. The stress is just not worth it. As I have become older, I have become adept at stating my opinion without coming across scathing. However, I am known as the agressive one at work. Some people simply cannot take it. I say grow a pair. I will never state something that is not completely obvious to me and others, and if you are offended, we can talk, but I will not take a part in a pity party.

Man up, see it for what it is worth, correct it or not, but don't get offended again if I am not so delicate about it the second time.

If I spoke of what I know and have seen. The hair on the back of your neck would raise, you'ld have trouble sleeping the rest of your life plus jumping at shadows and odd noises. So......no, I don't let people know what I think.

Back
Top Bottom