1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Be honest. How often do you hide what you are thinking?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by HeatherLynn, Jan 5, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I should say, How often do you hide what you are thinking because you know even the people who love you most will not understand. Not only may they not understand but they may think you are down right nuts?

2. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    1/2 the time.

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

more often than I care to admit... [​IMG]

4. Me & My Peeps

Me & My Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Western MA
    Most of the time. But I say it anyways - they have come to expect it from me!! [​IMG]

5. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    ^ Same. I always ask the weird questions nobody thinks to ask.

6. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I can think myself and others in circles which frustrates the heck out of my husband. So even with him when I get to thinking through something I just shut my mouth.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I am constantly thinking and talking to myself in my head! If I said everything I thought, everyone would think I was beyond nuts! I wish I had the ability to be more honest though. Sometimes saying what I'm thinking would make life a lot easier!

8. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I would say 75% of the time I keep things to myself....if I tell hubby something he'll find some way to make it better, do it different, rationalize about it, find out the best way to do whatever it is, weigh the pros and cons, etc. and sometimes -ok, most times-I just don't wanna hear it [​IMG]. Yeah, his way of thinking is nice when I need help, but when I don't, well.........I just don't want to hear it. [​IMG] So yeah, it happens [​IMG]

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Very often. But I find...I don't tend to regret it. I go with my gut. If I don't feel right about saying something, I don't give it a second thought.

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    no one really ever knows what I am thinking... if they did..

1) I would end up in a padded room somewhere
    2) I would end up sitting in a nice comfy chair talking about ink blots
    3) sitting hand cuffed in a police station

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by