Beaded Chickens

Redhen and Schultz: I can make you one if you'd like. I sell them for $10 a piece. Let me know what variety you'd like and I can make them, but please keep in mind I'm a very busy college student with very little spare time, so it might take a long while before I finish them.

Onthespot... I blame you for everything.
wink.png

Amos... unfortunately I don't have a template. I just start stringing beads and hope it looks like a chicken when it's finished. I can post the basic thread pattern and the more difficult steps, but not the full process. After you do the first two or three rows it's pretty much the same there out. The beak is probably the most difficult part.

Okay. Here are the first four steps. I'll for sure walk you through the head and wings/tail, the rest is all the same. I more than likely will end up doing every step, it's kinda fun. I'd post more steps, but I have to get to bed. So for those of you that are curious, here it goes...

Green bead - old bead
Orange bead - new bead
black line - current thread
blue line - old thread

You will need:
- very small needle
- seed beads (you choose the color!)
- thread (silk or transparent nylon, anything else breaks too easily)
- super glue (you WILL glue your fingers together at least once in this project... so it's not a bad idea to have some nail polish remover on hand
big_smile.png
)

howtobeading1.png

A. measure your thread so it is as long as the distance of both your arms.

ROW 1
1. String 8 beads and tie a not at the end. Apply a small itsy bitsy drop of super glue to make the knot permanent.

2. String 1 bead, divide you 8 beads in half. Go back through two on half 1, back through your orange bead, and back through 2 on half 2. Your string should come out next to the knot.

ROW 2
3. String 2 beads and make a loop going through 1 green bead on row 1 and back through your two new beads.

4. Keep repeating until you finish the row. Go back through the first bead added on Row 2 when you finish the row.

Last edited:
OMG! Those are so fantastic! You did such a great job and I love the colors. I love the head feathers on that peacock. And the barred rock. They are all great.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom