Beak filing?

Pics
Yes, I believe so.
Also I believe you are right. I think there is some underlying problem because I offered her food and water that was deep enough for her and she just isn’t interested in any of it. She was slightly interested in the eggs and ate some but when it came to watermelon she didn’t want it. I don’t know if gapeworm can cause a disinterest in food but...

Oh ok I didn’t know that haha thank you!
Most chickens that have red earlobes lay some shade of brown egg. Chickens with white earlobes lay white eggs. Chickens that lay blue or green eggs have bluish or sometimes pinkish earlobes. There are exceptions to these “rules” though. The Penedesenca breed lays extremely dark brown eggs, but sport a light bluish earlobe.

Also I believe you are right. I think there is some underlying problem because I offered her food and water that was deep enough for her and she just isn’t interested in any of it. She was slightly interested in the eggs and ate some but when it came to watermelon she didn’t want it. I don’t know if gapeworm can cause a disinterest in food but...
I still may be wrong, but I think she has gone past the point of recovering. Really sick people do that too, where they can’t even muster the ability to eat.

Most chickens that have red earlobes lay some shade of brown egg. Chickens with white earlobes lay white eggs. Chickens that lay blue or green eggs have bluish or sometimes pinkish earlobes. There are exceptions to these “rules” though. The Penedesenca breed lays extremely dark brown eggs, but sport a light bluish earlobe.
Dang haha.. I didnt know some of that either!

I still may be wrong, but I think she has gone past the point of recovering. Really sick people do that too, where they can’t even muster the ability to eat.
I will keep you updated on how she ends up.. I hope she isn’t past that point but it seems like it. Thank you for all the help!

Hi everyone, my girl from this thread is still alive but I have just seen her poop and it doesn’t look good. Is this a green kind of coccidios or what does this poop mean and is there any treatment?

Attachments

• EEA74030-6DA7-4F9D-8F4D-A1C54599D627.jpeg
    EEA74030-6DA7-4F9D-8F4D-A1C54599D627.jpeg
    690.5 KB · Views: 12
Also, i was able to open her mouth today just to check and she had a lot of saliva and it was white and bubbly.
i dewormed her during the past three days so now i am waiting until day 10.
i think she is getting close to the end but any ideas or anything could help!

Hi everyone, my girl from this thread is still alive but I have just seen her poop and it doesn’t look good. Is this a green kind of coccidios or what does this poop mean and is there any treatment?
A lot of times green poop like that could be a result of something specific that she ate. However, when a bird is sick and hasn’t eaten much, that green poop isn’t a good sign. That color green is the same color of bile. Bile continues to empty into the digestive system even though the bird has not eaten. Then when the bird does poop, the poop is the color of bile.

A lot of times green poop like that could be a result of something specific that she ate. However, when a bird is sick and hasn’t eaten much, that green poop isn’t a good sign. That color green is the same color of bile. Bile continues to empty into the digestive system even though the bird has not eaten. Then when the bird does poop, the poop is the color of bile.
So there is nothing I can do for it?

Back
Top Bottom