Bean's Random Ramblings!

Technically you could leave eggs out to encourage broodiness, but it is caused by hormones. Some birds will go broody on NOTHING, like my Lacey. :rolleyes:

Good luck Margo! I miss chicks!!
I’ve been trying to get Shelly to go broody, but she refuses. Hopefully this summer she will. She loves hanging out in the next box all day with her egg, but I just can’t get her to actually go broody. :barnie One of our buff Orpingtons is ALWAYS broody. She is the worst. :lau

Thank you. I hope we’ll actually be able to hatch some! Our dad is kind of against it, but we’ll see. I miss chicks too. It’s been about 6 months since I’ve raised chicks.:hit

I had hens who were VERY aggressive when laying. Good thing they didn’t go broody…… I do not want to know what would have happened.

I’ve been trying to get Shelly to go broody, but she refuses. Hopefully this summer she will. She loves hanging out in the next box all day with her egg, but I just can’t get her to actually go broody. :barnie One of our buff Orpingtons is ALWAYS broody. She is the worst. :lau

Thank you. I hope we’ll actually be able to hatch some! Our dad is kind of against it, but we’ll see. I miss chicks too. It’s been about 6 months since I’ve raised chicks.:hit
It has been 6-8 months since I raised chicks :hit

I bet you remember when Lucas was just a baby, but he is a big man now!

Back
Top Bottom