Bear Maybe?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by whitecra, Jul 27, 2011.

1. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My son was laying out on his trampolin tonight. He came in running and said that he looked and there was something big in the front yard. It was dark. He said it was bigger then a dog. He said that when he took off running for the house it started running also and he said it looked like it was hopping like a rabbit instead of running like a dog. What would you all think it could be?
    Chris

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. Trapper Dan

Trapper Dan Out Of The Brooder

It could be a coyote or a fox. If it was getting dark out it might appear to be darker than usual and these guys hop quite a bit when they're hunting mice.

3. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It was dark. About midnight. He said it was bigger then a dog on all fours. We have a boxer and he said it was bigger then him.
    Chris

4. mjuenem

mjuenem Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Putnam Co.
    I guess it could have been a bear if your son scared him. I still laugh out loud when I see a bear run. Their back legs try to overtake their front legs and it does kind of look like a bunny hop - although faster.

5. MEchickenfarmer33

MEchickenfarmer33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    here in Maine there are bears everywhere and this sounds like a bear. they look like they hop when they walk and they are very large. they are also very VERY VERY ski-dish towards humans.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by