1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bearded Silkie Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Justuschicks, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Justuschicks

Justuschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    I have several bearded silkie chicks for sale in various colors that appear to be splash, blue/lavender, porcelain, white cuckoo, standard cuckoo. In this breeding pen are a blue hen, white hen, splash hen, blue showgirl, porcelain roo, blue roo, white cuchoo. They range in price from $10-15/each depending on chick. Questions Welcome. Visit my website to see pictures of some of my adult breeder silkies (Porcelain rooster shown below). Contact me thru BYC, my website www.sleepyhollowkikos.com , or call me at 434/531-1393. I have been told that AOL has been kicking emails back so you may want to call my cell. Thanks

LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY
    [​IMG]

Porcelain Chick
    [​IMG]

Porcelain Rooster
    [​IMG]

UPDATED PICS

[​IMG]
    Cuckoo wing
    [​IMG]

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Do you sell silkies throughout the year? I'm in VA also so I'll be thinking about it. Ive been wanting some silkies.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. Justuschicks

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    Since silkies are not the most dependable layers, I pretty much hatch what they lay or sell eggs. [​IMG]

4. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Yeah, well I will think about it. I need to get some more money for a coop first. I just wanted to know because it might be summer before I can get them.

5. Justuschicks

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    My plan is to take what ever I don't sell to the first Charlottesville Tractor Supply Swap.

6. Leecie

Leecie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2011
    Berkeley,Calif
    My silkies lay all the time through out the year maybe cuz I'm in a warmer climate? all my other neighbors chickens of a bunch of asst. breeds have stopped. I always get eggs all year!

7. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Quote:Ok Thanks.

8. Justuschicks

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    Quote:My girls are always trying to go broody too. They kicked into high gear when it got cold so I just started incubating everything I got. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by