Frizzle? Color? BCM x frizzle?

Ashleyboz

Songster
Oct 27, 2023
I have had consistent blue and splash chicks with my Blue Coppers Marans, Black copper Marans, and Cuckoo Marans. I recently started breeding them with my Cochins. In the big hen living area our squirrly Blue Silkie jumps the fence 😏 I have an assortment of hens in there. I had been collecting everyone’s eggs to incubate and play with. Then I got this chick…

It does not have black feet. 5 toes! To me its feathers are looking like they are going to frizzle. Any input? Would this be splash? All my splashes haven’t been this crazy colored at 2 weeks. Am I wrong about frizzle and it’s either a blue cochin or blue maran x?
I need to get organized I think 🤭

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    738 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    642.9 KB · Views: 11
I have had consistent blue and splash chicks with my Blue Coppers Marans, Black copper Marans, and Cuckoo Marans. I recently started breeding them with my Cochins. In the big hen living area our squirrly Blue Silkie jumps the fence 😏 I have an assortment of hens in there. I had been collecting everyone’s eggs to incubate and play with. Then I got this chick…

It does not have black feet. 5 toes! To me its feathers are looking like they are going to frizzle. Any input? Would this be splash? All my splashes haven’t been this crazy colored at 2 weeks. Am I wrong about frizzle and it’s either a blue cochin or blue maran x?
I need to get organized I think 🤭
I don't think it's going to be a frizzle, but it's sure going to be pretty!!

Here's a nearly two-week-old frizzle, pet-quality silkie for comparison.

chick funny looking.jpg

View attachment 3788819
Yes! Thank you! I forgot the

View attachment 3788819
yes! Thank you! I forgot the looks of the baby stage! What breed is this chick? I have another I’m contemplating that resembles this one a little. I’m almost sure it’s my blue silkie hen with Mille fleur D’Uccle rooster. It’s still cold here so they are all hanging in the garage. Making babies 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 10

yes! Thank you! I forgot the looks of the baby stage! What breed is this chick? I have another I’m contemplating that resembles this one a little. I’m almost sure it’s my blue silkie hen with Mille fleur D’Uccle rooster. It’s still cold here so they are all hanging in the garage. Making babies 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpeg
    IMG_1810.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 8

No clue but it's so darned cute! I hope someone comes along that knows!

Looks like a silkie mix to me

That is a cute chick! Love the colors!

I'm no expert on breed mixes, but just for another comparison, this was my frizzle at around a week old.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1712069344273.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712069344273.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_1712069335718.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712069335718.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 8
That is a cute chick! Love the colors!

I'm no expert on breed mixes, but just for another comparison, this was my frizzle at around a week old.
Adorable! I’m thinking a silkie mix like some suggested. They still keep lightly flipping day by day

Back
Top Bottom