Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hi. Just saw where you messaged me. It's been a rough few years. I've had spinal fusion surgery that didn't go as planned. It took me almost 2 years to recover. I finally found a job I can work with not being able to stand for long periods of time. Unfortunately I don't have chickens anymore. But I always look for ones when I'm driving anywhere. There is a used car place here that has a flock. I love seeing them every day on my way to and from work.

Anyway, that's about it for what I've been up to. I've wondered about others on here but haven't had the time or energy to get on the laptop. I saw the message in my email and decided to answer it real quick before heading to bed. I miss the chicken community and fun conversations. Hopefully I can get back on more frequently. Yall have a great night and stay safe with the wild weather!
I'm sorry life hasn't been treating you super well. I hope the next season is better. :hugs The chicken community is the best, even if you no longer have peeps. Beware though, seeing photos of everyone else's chickens is dangerous, it'll make you want more of your own!

Thank you for checking in ! I’m still doing the Silkie thing. I’ve gone from 42 down to 10. They are quite addictive and I am still totally obsessed but they are much easier to care for now. The hubby is still doing his fancy gamefowl in several different breeds and then my father in law raises his chickens and Peacocks. It is definitely a bird zoo around here. I am currently about to wage war with the rats. They have managed to dig into every single pen and now it’s just a matter of time before the snakes show up looking to eat the rats. Recently discovered the DIY Bucket Rat Trap! Wish me luck!
So grateful for this site and all the experience and knowledge. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this community.
It's so hard to stay away from chickens completely! I wish you luck with the rats, I know they're very tough to get rid of. I haven't had a rat problem before, but I'm currently dealing with mice that are living under my chicken house. They're so sneaky, and my lazy cats aren't doing a thing about them. :rolleyes:

Good morning!

I appreciate the check in! All I can say is...it's been a year...

Lots of major life changes (some good, some bad), and now I am in the process of moving. Unfortunately, my feathered babies won't be able to come with me...BUT the buyers of my place are going to keep them (and turn the 16 acres into a mini farm) and I am confident they will be well cared for.

I have appreciated this community SO much over the last few years. I hope to one day be a Chicken Momma again, but for now, I'll just content myself with seeing all of your wonderful stories and pictures. 💕
That's a familiar face! I remember seeing you around the forum a while back. The little hen in your profile picture is so cute! I'm sorry you won't be able to keep your chickens, but I hope they'll be happy with their new owners.

We just added 5 bronze and 2 black broad breasted poults to the brooder this last week. My daughter has 3 "pretty chickens" as we call them in the tractor that she will take to fair for showing. The ol' hens are still laying and still no roo at our house. Maybe some day ;)
20240420_193131.jpg
20240420_193104.jpg

We just added 5 bronze and 2 black broad breasted poults to the brooder this last week. My daughter has 3 "pretty chickens" as we call them in the tractor that she will take to fair for showing. The ol' hens are still laying and still no roo at our house. Maybe some day ;)View attachment 3815909View attachment 3815910
Oh, those things are soo adorable! :love:love Thank you for sharing and updating!

(Hey, if you live in Maine and are close enough, I know of someone with some extra roosters.)

Ok, Ya got me...It's been a while since I've had a chance to check in here. Life tends to develop quickly.

Still have chicks, back down to 5 though...was a strong hawk season last year I guess. Hoping to pick up 5 more Lavender Orps next week though. If it works out will post some pix of the kids. :)
I get that, sometimes it's hard for me to find time to get on here as well. Good to hear you're doing well though, and I look forward to seeing photos of your chicks!

I'm just checking in. Saying hello. I haven't hatched chicks in like 6 years. Incubator is collecting dust. But thinking about trying to hatch eggs from trader joes
Welcome back! That would be fun, I encourage that. I would suggest ensuring that your incubator still works first. ;) Hey, in the meantime, feel free to post any questions you might have in this section here: Incubating & Hatching Eggs

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi! I got your message! We are doing good here in Oregon. Got 7 new chicks to add to my one adult that was left. Enjoying spring. they are just getting the first opportunities to get outside of the coop. Still have yet to integrate the new ladies with my one lady Miss Chiefvious.
We have named all.
We have the golden girls Dorothy Blanch and Ruth, Salt and Peppa
and Maddy and Addy! They are growing so fast! Any integration thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. they are still not the same size as MissChiefious is so I have only had her in the area once and she jumped at one of the. We decided not the time yet!

Attachments

• IMG_3967.JPG
    IMG_3967.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3969.JPG
    IMG_3969.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3973.jpg
    IMG_3973.jpg
    951.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3974.jpg
    IMG_3974.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3976.jpg
    IMG_3976.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 3
A lot happened a few years ago - got rid of chicks and ducks (!), divorced, sold the 3 acres and live a much happier life in town. I do miss my fresh eggs though!

Hey, y’all sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. Life’s been incredibly busy with my first year of college and work. I’m a week away from officially completing my first year of school! Because of this I’ve turned most of the gardening and chicken rearing over to another family member so not many updates there. I hope to get back involved with it over the summer while I’m on break though. I do have a cute picture of the ducklingsView attachment 3813080 on campus!
Hey Arti, long time no see! I'm in my first year of college this year too. Hope to see you around more this summer, and cute duckie picture!

Back
Top Bottom