beat by a duck

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
So D'artagnan has a frozen head. He had a Mohawk of crunchy frozen feathers. I ran after him and caught him so he could go inside for a warm bath and to hang out till dry. I caught the little jerk, had him secured under my arm....I thought. One wing broke free and started beating me. In the face. I now have a bloodshot eye ball and a nice black eye. Oh, and a torn contact. Good thing I wear disposable ones.
And that's how my Christmas has started. How about you?

Ouch, so far I have gotten nipped by my drake he thinks I am one of his girls.
ep.gif

I went out this morning to let all the ducks out of their coops and the Muscovy had somehow already opened their coop and were out in their pen and one girl was out free ranging. Huh....not sure how all that happened. I am sure I closed them up last night as I have a routine. So that was my duck-urprise for the morning.
lol.png

Sorry about the black eye. DH says it could have been worse. Could have been one of those glass contacts!

Went to check on one of my favorite wild ducks because he has a plastic ring stuck around his neck. Well, because I tried to catch him yesterday, he doesn't trust me. So, he went deep into some reeds and started panicking, I think, because he got lost. He never came out while I was there, so I hope he's OK.

Sorry to hear about your eye. I'm glad you wear disposable conacts and not hard ones.

Just so you know, a coating of frost on top of duck feathers won't hurt them. Ducks can take a lot of weather. They are wearing thick waterproof down coats. Very warm.

Sorry to hear of the beat-down Stargazingmommy...I am familiar with that. About 3 weeks back I had a really fat lip that looked like someone punched me pretty good...and I let people think that I got poked in the face rather than explain that my drake decided to try and bite my lip off....
Also getting a collection of lumps on the side of my head from Buddy thumping me when he dings my head with his beak as he shakes his head around...like being tapped with a small hammer. That beak is harder than it looks!

Christmas morning was good. Took the little one to the neighbors house so their baby could 'pet' the duckie...the duckling is a bit more fiesty than I expected..and started chewing on the kids fingers ! Fortunately it was not hard and the kid loved that and laughed his pamper wearin little butt off...
No serious wounds or damage except for the poo streak running down the front door where the duckling aimed and fired as I held her and closed the door. I'll hose that off tomorrow. I did'nt have a wreath to hang...

For Christmas the 2 big'uns got a warm bath in the tub, ( which they absolutely love) and I changed their pen, and will be doing the little ones later, and all is well.

The neighbor is walking around trying to spot the RC Helicopter that he lost in the trees....I'm sure it'll fall out some day. That was a short 1st flight..! If I had been thinking, which I don't usually, I would have bought an RC car for the ducks...
wink.png
Might do that this week. I'm sure they'll enjoy it alot.

I hope that everyone is having a very Merry Christmas !

I have friends, some family nearby and of course, my ducks. More than I could have hoped for.

Last edited:
Quote:
X2, mine always have frozen feathers in the morning, then they jump into the water
lau.gif
silly little things.

Back
Top Bottom