Beautiful bantams: D’Uccle discussion

These are one of my favorite bantams breeds, I just love all the color variation! Here is my pretty boy!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548992477251.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548992477251.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 24
I currently own eight d'uccles: 2 porcelain hens, 1 porcelain cockerel, 3 mille fleur pullets, 1 mille fleur cockerel, and 1 mille fleur roosters. The first time I hatched any was two years ago, and only six hatched with many complications. My rooster is the one I chose to keep from two survivors. Last year, we had better luck and hatched a dozen d'uccles from which we kept three pullets. I don't have many pictures of them, but here's one of my rooster.
View attachment 1657955
Gorgeous!!!! I love him!!

I really gotta get a mille fleur roo they are gorgeous and would let peewee and houdini make pretty little babies. But looking at the porcelins (btw the porcelin at the start looks almost exactly like my porcelin roo!) I really need to get a couple hens so Kerrie can make babies and I can't wait to see the final colors I get on Kerrie and peewee and houdinis babies they ought to be pretty close showing true. I think they aRE gonna be a mostly buff color. and the ones that reewee and hjoudini made with my red cochin roo Ping! are an intresting lot too. I"ll get pics on here soon as I can gotta remember to take my phone out when I am caring for all my good girls and boys and then take tome to catch some poses.
I love seeing everyone elses I llearn so much listening to you all explaining what types and what the goods and bads are on all the pics you post

Hello! I just recently got some Mille Fleur D'Uccles and I know very little about them but I am looking up info as quick as I can.

I was hoping someone else here might be able to give me an educated opinion on which of these 6 cockerels I should keep. I don't have individual pics of them, unfortunately, but I will try to post a couple of pictures. I think some of them are too white, and some not spotty enough, but that's about as far as I have gotten. I'm not planning to breed them necessarily, but I want to keep one because I also have 2 hens and I'd like to keep the possibility on the table if, in the end, I decide to hatch a few eggs. I'll also post the girls in case their coloration/body style makes a difference to which boy you'd suggest I keep.

20190304_144851.jpg 20190304_144943_Burst01.jpg 20190304_145907.jpg 20190303_105248.jpg

Attachments

• 20190303_121920.jpg
    20190303_121920.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 12
Gorgeous birds! I wish I had a whole flock like that! It would be like Christmas!!!!!!!
For sure, if you have the room I’d keep all of the hens or at least 3, and 1-2 roosters. All your roosters look healthy and beautiful, my favorite is the most speckled one, which would be the one I’d keep, but that is just my opinion. Hard to tell just from photos, but the bird with the cleanest comb ( 5 points) shiniest, lush plumage and sweetest personality should really determine which roo you keep. Do you know the SOP? I am familiar with it but I go by what is most appealing to my eye.

Actually, I recently lost my Porcelain d uccle rooster, and that sucks because I was going to breed him to my Mille Fluer hen. I have their son, but it seems kind of incestous to breed son to mother :confused:

I really gotta get a mille fleur roo they are gorgeous and would let peewee and houdini make pretty little babies. But looking at the porcelins (btw the porcelin at the start looks almost exactly like my porcelin roo!) I really need to get a couple hens so Kerrie can make babies and I can't wait to see the final colors I get on Kerrie and peewee and houdinis babies they ought to be pretty close showing true. I think they aRE gonna be a mostly buff color. and the ones that reewee and hjoudini made with my red cochin roo Ping! are an intresting lot too. I"ll get pics on here soon as I can gotta remember to take my phone out when I am caring for all my good girls and boys and then take tome to catch some poses.
I love seeing everyone elses I llearn so much listening to you all explaining what types and what the goods and bads are on all the pics you post
Welcome to the thread!!!!:jumpy

Thanks GldnValleyHens. If you lived closer I would gladly give you one! I only got 2 pullets in the bunch, with 6 cockerels! I am definitely keeping the 2 girls, but I can only keep 1 boy (and I have to get rid of them super soon).

I have not yet found the standard to read it but I will look harder. Is 5 points the desired comb?

Thanks GldnValleyHens. If you lived closer I would gladly give you one! I only got 2 pullets in the bunch, with 6 cockerels! I am definitely keeping the 2 girls, but I can only keep 1 boy (and I have to get rid of them super soon).

I have not yet found the standard to read it but I will look harder. Is 5 points the desired comb?
I have read that 5 points is what is common and encouraged, but if you aren’t planning on showing your bird, I don’t think it’s much of an issue. I would study photos of SOP Mille Fluers and see how your guys match up. Or just pick your favorite!! Thanks, yes I have a rooster addiction unfortunately :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom