Beautiful bobwhite whistle!

Missi

Songster
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
Naples, FL
I just heard the sweetest little tune from one of my bobs. It wasn't the 'bo bob white' call but more like a melodic little whistle tune. Kind of like 'doo doo dododo dododo dododo. doo doo dododo dododo dododooo'. Is that a common vocalization? Man they're starting to mature so quickly! I normally only hear peeps from them. Hubby & I were sitting here watching Wheel & both looked at each other when we heard the whistling. We've got a songbird in the house but she doesn't sing like that! LOL

Bobs have many sounds, croaks, sqeaks, screaches and whistles that they make. And yours are at the age that they are trying out their voices. Over the winter their voices will really mature and come spring the boys will really get loud! Even the girls can get some volume going. Aren't they fun to raise?

Now come spring, they are going to pair off and you will need to separate them from each other as the breeding pairs, (if you have pairs, you may have all boys), are not going to like each other from spring to fall. However come next fall, the will gladly rejoin as a group and winter together.

If indeed you do have all boys, as long as there are no ladies around, you should be able to keep them together. Same with girls.
smile.png

i have a solitary female cotunix in a pen(she was a bad girl) and she gets SO loud i can hear her all over the neighborhood, someone is gonna notice one of these day slol

Quote:
I am absolutely loving rearing these bobs! I truly am & you folks at the forums make it even more fun! I'll be sad to separate them but it will be for their own good. Thanks so much for your experience & tips!

Back
Top Bottom