Help! 6 year old rooster has broken singing, wheezing, watery eyes, and some black spots on comb.

Does the laws in california also cover fish mox? Feeding him real chick food will help him maintain his health once he's well, like flock raiser or all flock. Also, pitch the diatomaceous earth it's bad for anything with lungs.
I haven’t heard of fish mox so I’m not too sure. And yea DE is bad for their little lungs, but I was forced to use it last summer to treat a fleas problem. Worked like a charm.

California laws prevent online suppliers from shipping any antibiotic to residents there. You'll need to make friends with a vet to obtain any antibiotic. If you have other pets that see a vet, you can sometimes negotiate some perks on the side for your chickens even though your vet doesn't treat poultry. Remember, everything is negotiable. Be creative and persuasive. It works for me.

California laws prevent online suppliers from shipping any antibiotic to residents there. You'll need to make friends with a vet to obtain any antibiotic. If you have other pets that see a vet, you can sometimes negotiate some perks on the side for your chickens even though your vet doesn't treat poultry. Remember, everything is negotiable. Be creative and persuasive. It works for me.
Okay thanks for the advice. I don’t see any vets so I might need to consult with a local chicken seller on that.
Just an update on the situation with my chicken, the croaking/ rattling I mentioned yesterday is much more obvious this morning, to the point where I could hear it when standing near him. I’ve also caught him aggressively sneezing a bit. To me it sounds like some sort of nasal congestion but I’m not sure. I took some videos, would I be able to send them to you in some way for your insight? Thanks.

I had a rooster that fell upside down in a hole and we didnt find him till 3 days later. It rained and he was down poured on. Sounded very raspy. Wouldn’t crow at all.. he had goop coming out his eyes. I gave him turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon mixed with some water every couple hours. I gave him a medicine dropper full. Within 1 day he got a lot better and he didn’t have raspy breathing anymore. By day 2 he was doing pretty good and his eyes looked good and by day 3 he was back out in the coup. I actually got the advice from here on a very old post. The gentleman said he gave his chickens ginger for respiratory illness and it works every time. So I tried it and it works very well! I added the cinnamon and turmeric. Figured it wouldn’t hurt and it didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom