Beautiful gift from wonderful people!!!

Gonzalezfam

Songster
Apr 24, 2020
Washington
Was given these beautiful maroons today, so they are brothers have been together one 4 months,one 3, they are both very docile, they don’t fight with one another. Question: I have 20 chickens would that be enough for me to intergrate with less to no problems?

Attachments

• 59E0AB9F-F5A9-48F0-86A1-6AA114DE6812.png
    59E0AB9F-F5A9-48F0-86A1-6AA114DE6812.png
    2 MB · Views: 8
I guess your saying you got 2 free chickens and there 3 and 4 months old?

Yes you can add them to your flock there old enough.
But I would quarantine them for 3 to 4 weeks together away from your flock just incase they might be carrying diseases or parasites. You don't want to ever unknowingly introduce disease into your flock as big as it is.

[QUOTE="Tonyroo, post: 23443712, member:
I guess your saying you got 2 free chickens and there 3 and 4 months old?

Yes you can add them to your flock there old enough.
But I would quarantine them for 3 to 4 weeks together away from your flock just incase they might be carrying diseases or parasites. You don't want to ever unknowingly introduce disease into your flock as big as it is.
[/QUOTE] sorry they are roosters forgot to put pics

If you decide to quarantine them, do a visual examination checking there head, nostrils, ears, feathers, feet, and fecal matter each day, till quarantine is over. Better to be safe than sorry.

haven’t free ranged unsupervised
My wife said I can't free range anymore the granddaughters are not allowed to step in poo!
I use this portable net and it's awesome. My coop is portable as well. I have 3 acres the birds love the free range and this really controls where they can go. The only time I used the electrical hook up was for my CORN while it was ripening to keep the raccoons out.

https://www.ukalcanada.com/en/ribbo...lBr3wbGB00EfLFFD28pbBp1vsDYp8paEaAtk9EALw_wcB

:thumbsup
If you decide to quarantine them, do a visual examination checking there head, nostrils, ears, feathers, feet, and fecal matter each day, till quarantine is over. Better to be safe than sorry.
I do have them segregated at the moment and will do on the visuals, they are vaccinated for marvels so I know that’s good

Also all I have is layer feed, will the extra calcium affect my roosters, I do plan on getting them some rooster booster and other goodies

Also all I have is layer feed, will the extra calcium affect my roosters, I do plan on getting them some rooster booster and other goodies

Better for the cockerel's health to feed all flock/flock raiser or grower. They don't need the extra calcium and it has the potential of causing organ damage over time.

Rooster Booster is just a vitamin mix and while it's good to have on hand if birds need a pick-me-up or help with stress, isn't really needed. A good quality feed has all the nutrition your chickens need.

Back
Top Bottom