Bedding hacks

I find with mites and mold, moisture is the enemy. If things in the coop are dry, you’re typically ok…so I choose bedding accordingly.

I use pine shavings in my coop and hay in the nest boxes. For me they’re absorbent and inexpensive, and both make good additions to the compost pile once they’re soiled.

That's what I currently do

Do you know how to use the search function for these threads? It works well for things like this. "Coffee grounds" gives better results than "coffee". I didn't look into the pros and cons very far as I have an abundance of other options and not an easy coffee grounds source.

My pullets checked them out but were uninterested in eating them when I added the six days worth of grounds from a single cup per day from when my mother in law was visiting. The threads on it give a lot more info on whether they eat them and whether it matters if they do.

Do you know how to use the search function for these threads? It works well for things like this. "Coffee grounds" gives better results than "coffee". I didn't look into the pros and cons very far as I have an abundance of other options and not an easy coffee grounds source.

My pullets checked them out but were uninterested in eating them when I added the six days worth of grounds from a single cup per day from when my mother in law was visiting. The threads on it give a lot more info on whether they eat them and whether it matters if they do.
Thanks. I'll try that. I'm new to this forum.

Back
Top Bottom