Bedding question

RegiB

Chirping
Sep 30, 2020
My daughters pet rabbit recently passed away and I am stuck with 3 large bags of Yesterday’s News litter. Is there anyone who has tried using this as bedding in roost boxes before? I know newspaper isn’t the most absorbent but I was wondering if it being in the pellet form made any difference?

My daughters pet rabbit recently passed away and I am stuck with 3 large bags of Yesterday’s News litter. Is there anyone who has tried using this as bedding in roost boxes before? I know newspaper isn’t the most absorbent but I was wondering if it being in the pellet form made any difference?
I've only ever heard of newspaper for day old baby chicks.

If you have a compost pile, it might be better used for it.

I used to use newspapers (before they went extinct) on the bottom of my bird cages. They get VERY dirty and absorb fluids, give off odors, etc.

1 rabbit soiling it might be acceptable, but several birds soiling it AND walking in it, might cause problems.

Are these pellets or shredded?

Back
Top Bottom