Bedding question

RegiB

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2020
My daughters pet rabbit recently passed away and I am stuck with 3 large bags of Yesterday’s News litter. Is there anyone who has tried using this as bedding in roost boxes before? I know newspaper isn’t the most absorbent but I was wondering if it being in the pellet form made any difference?

ChloeSilkie08

Crowing
Sep 10, 2020
Arkansas
My daughters pet rabbit recently passed away and I am stuck with 3 large bags of Yesterday’s News litter. Is there anyone who has tried using this as bedding in roost boxes before? I know newspaper isn’t the most absorbent but I was wondering if it being in the pellet form made any difference?
I've only ever heard of newspaper for day old baby chicks.

Aunt Tat

Chirping
Dec 8, 2020
Portland, Oregon
If you have a compost pile, it might be better used for it.

I used to use newspapers (before they went extinct) on the bottom of my bird cages. They get VERY dirty and absorb fluids, give off odors, etc.

1 rabbit soiling it might be acceptable, but several birds soiling it AND walking in it, might cause problems.

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Are these pellets or shredded?

Top Bottom