Been gone for 2+ days will eggies be okay?? *Update* I'm sad.

Thanks, guys.. The "getting them horizontal in stages" is probably a good idea, altho hopefully this will never happen again - I RARELY go away!!

The 5 remaining embryos dont *seem* to be stuck to sides... pretty mobile. Just the air cells are so weird in some of them, and also seem too big... I increased humidity to hopefully slow down evaporation a bit.
idunno.gif

I have a couple shipped eggs that the air cells are a wierd shape as well. I do see swimming in it so hopefully they still hatch. Mine are EEs from ILOVEFRIZZLES.

***another question,..what causes this to happen?

I know what you mean by lob-sided development. I rescued eggs from a broody who wasn't turning them.
I'm sorry you're losing some of them.

Keep turning, if anything more frequently. Any that make it to the end are likely going to need help from adhering to egg or lob-sided development but they can make it.

There's a murphy's law that says bad things happen directly proportional to the emotional or monetary value of the eggs. The more it matters, the more *spit* happens.

If you didn't toss them, don't unless there's a smell, they can candle pretty oddly because of the shift. I'm sorry it went like that
hugs.gif

If it makes you feel any better almost all the eggs I get that are shipped get crazy too-big air cells and usually do fine. I've also had all the veins stuck to one side, but after day 13 or so they get big enough to take up more space. Good luck!

Quote:
Yes, I am turning them about 5X/day..
roll.png
As far as needing help, do you mean that they may need assistance getting out of shell? I will really have to watch for that... Then again, I usually camp out next to incubator during hatches, so will be nearby!!

And I didn't throw the 2 eggs away yet, couldnt bring myself to do it "just in case"... they don't smell yet, altho I live in deadly fear of an explosion!!
sickbyc.gif

Yes, disaster eggs tend to need help out. Being kind of stuck sideways makes hatching quite a bit harder apparently. Some of mine managed the trick and the rest needed help, most that actually started to hatch did make it with help.

I'm hoping you get to salvage some - those things are so hard.

fl.gif
for no exploders...

So you're on day 10, right? Or 11? It takes awhile after embryo death before there's any danger of an egg being far enough gone to explode. So if an embryo died during the last 3 days, you've got over a week before you really have to worry. You'll smell it long before it blows. Just watch for seeping/weeping, and be alert for a funky odor. My nose isn't great, due to allergies, so I often don't smell even the worst stuff, my DH has to be the nose around here. I have to rely on what I see when I candle, but he can sniff them out.

Back
Top Bottom