Been Gone...Prayers...Praise and some life lessons

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CountryMom, Mar 10, 2009.

1. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    The kids and I just arrived home last night from our nearly 2 week sad adventure north. My husband was with us during most of this trek which was a miracle. He works over seas and happen to have a few days off to fly home. I sent him off to Pittsburg on Sunday before we headed back to Texas. He leaves there end of this week to head back to the shipyard overseas.

So, I am asking for prayers of strength in the next few months. Not only for me, but for my father. You see, we lost my mother unexpectedly on the 27th of Feb.

My mother has been suffering with a disease called Pulmonary Fibrosis. It is an auto immune disease where your body attacks your lung tissue and hardens it. Basically a terminal disease. The only cure or option in the end is lung transplant. In dealing with this she has been on steriods for that amount of time also. Not something really easy on your body. She was on the lung transplant list and got her call on the 26th. Due to tissue damage caused by years of steriods, her heart tissue tore and she bled during surgery. Basically she never woke up.

The praise I have for God is that he brought us back together 2 years ago. I didn't have an easy childhood and had a falling out with my family nearly 20 years ago. I had no idea until 2 years ago February that my mother suffered from this. She discovered she had grandchildren also. Long rough road, but her life was much better when we did get back together.

And praise that God obviously knew she didn't need to suffer recovery from this lung transplant surgery.

Life lesson. Don't let your love ones stay out of touch for so long. Call them today.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    thanks for sharing. we take so much for granted.

God's abundant blessings on you and yours.

[​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Like Miss_Jayne said, abundant blessings on you and your family.

Thank you for reminding us of this lesson for life and love.

4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother, but so very happy you were able to make amends and enjoy the past 2 years with her...

Peace be with you and yours...

5. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    A sad story but a beautiful ending - I'm so sorry for your loss but thanks for reminding us how short and fragile life is.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    prayers and hugs!

7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw, [​IMG] I will send up prayers and send over some hugs!

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    We do take so much for granted. I know Im guilty of it times 10. [​IMG] Sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing. Prayers are being sent. [​IMG]

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Prayers to you and your Family.

10. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Thank you all for your kind words. I sure hope in my story I can inspire someone to do something to keep in touch with loved ones. I just opened a card from my Mom's sister -- my aunt. They had not spoken in years either and now she lives with regret. I can't imagine that and am so glad that I had two years to repair and start anew. Two years to let my children find a loving, caring and Godly Grandmother and the rest of the family as well. Life changes people so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by