Been out of the loop for awhile but I am back.

Standard Hen

Songster
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Massachusetts
Hi everyone!

Well I had my shoulder surgery and am on the road to recovery and just about all done with that. It has been great being home but could have done without the surgery! Do not want to go back to work and I wish I never had to work another day in my life.
Then of course my computer went on the blink and I needed to take it in and have it fixed so was without a computer for awhile.

My big news is I have a broody hen for the first time ever and I can't believe it! I am so excited about that, she is a white rock and has been sitting since Sunday. Yesterday when I looked in the little coop to check her feed and water she was off the nest and I counted 16 eggs!!!! Of course who knows if any of them are even fertilized but this is so exciting. I have her separated from the others because that coop is tiny and they all like to lay eggs in there.
My rooster is a very handsome Wyandotte with a wonderful temperment. I just hope I get some chicks out of this, if so this will be the first time I do not have to buy any and have the mother take care of them instead of me!
I hope eveyone is doing well and I am trying to check the millions of post that I have missed.

Welcome back! How wonderful about your broody hen! I hope you have a successful hatch. I just started my chicken career 2 weeks ago and loving every minute of it! I still have lots to learn and experience.
smile.png
Glad your shoulder is doing well after your surgery.
hugs.gif

Susan

WElcome back, and I hope the surgery makes whatever was wrong much better, and that when you recover fully you are glad you had it done.

Congrats on the broody! I'm really looking forward to my first, but it will be awhile, since my chicks are 7 weeks old and almost 2 weeks old.

Welcome back. I have missed you. Every time I make your Red Velvet Cake I think of you. I have been taking your recipe and tweaking it. I have left out the red food coloring, increased the cocoa and made chocolate and it is wonderful. Last Sunday I left out the cocoa all together and instead of vanilla I used Lemon extract and made a Lemon Cake, that too was awesome, and again welcome back and I'm glad you are mending great.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom