Been sick for too long and I am so tired.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by HeatherLynn, Apr 3, 2012.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Ok its been 7 weeks since the entire family got horribly sick. I did get roughly 2 weeks off before it came back a week ago. Me and the baby are again coughing and congested. In my head I know its just allergies and a cold. I also have tonsil stones which is not helping. Apparently a massive sinus infection and horrid allergies set me up for these. Not lovely. i keep coughing and i cannot stop. I can feel the stupid stone, which is how we discovered THEM and those along with congestion are making me gag. Whatever this bug is, I hate it.

Tonight though I am feeling worn out and frustrated and a bit anxious. I do suffer from an anxiety disorder. It is not treated because I cannot tolerated any of the' meds. Just prolonged illness like this is freaking me out. Don't laugh, but I am debating between lung cancer and tuberculosis. My husband will roll his eyes and say not to be silly. I know its silly. I am too tired and too busy hacking to think straight though. My head can talk all it wants, my nerves are in charge for the moment. I tell myself the facts and just keep gasping for air and sanity. Stupid attacks. Usually under control but being tired has everything all messed up.

I am abnormally for me tired for me. Today I managed to do bills, make breakfast, sort through the eggs, get the kids school work assigned and checked, and I pulled all the seats out of the mini van and vacuumed and shampoed the carpet and upholstery. I wiped down all the dashboards and such. Called the ballet teacher and talked for like 40 minutes about my hard headed daughter. Then made dinner. Notice no cleaning was done. One single batch of dishes and that was it for cleaning. By 8 I was so tired I didn't want to move anymore. Just dragging. I even slept 8 hours last night, I should be more with it. Tired of being this tired. Sick and tired of being sick.

If anyone else has had this and found a cure. Let me know please. My family needs the housekeeper and organizer back, not the tired lady on the couch.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I have been going through this same scenerio since May 2011, 3 rounds antibiotics, prednisone, otc. meds, nasal rinses. Almost a year [​IMG] I don't know what the answer is but if you find out, let me in on it. My DR. said he has seen it a lot. Unusal year for allergies.

I hope you feel better, [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sweetie, you do more "sick and tired" than I do on my best day!

I'm so sorry you're feeling so lousy. [​IMG]

4. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    So sorry you're not feeling well. Have you been to see the Doctor, if not, you should make an appointment. This year has been a bad year for folks - lots of adults, and little ones too, battling pneumonia. Hope you feel better soon.

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Have some detailed bloodwork done.My friend swears by vitamin and mineral testing.Said she was low in the B vitamins,got a shot,and was more energized.

You know that Fat,Sick,and Nearly Dead movie? It seems that everyone who juiced kept saying how energised and focused they were. I was too when I did it but I craved solids to much and gave in to food.Maybe you can give juicing a try for a week once the doc clears you.See if that helps. My b vit friend also swears by her honeywell air purifier.

Hope you feel better soon.You DID get a lot done.I know though that there is always so much more that needs to be done,but you did do a lot!

6. HeatherLynn

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I saw the doc. Allergies and viral. I am low on vit d and B or I was last year when they tested. I take supplements daily. I am afraid to try the juicing. I didn't lose a thing when I started working on eating a whole foods diet but I sure felt better. I started South Beach right when I first got sick, trying to help my son lose. Well we both lost but I think the diet made things worse. I need a super healthy diet to keep up with myself.
    I am on antibiotics right now due to sinus infection from the virus but other than that the dr said rest and go back to my regular diet.

Just hate being sick and hate what it does to my mental state. Like expected my hubby told me I was nuts, then got me some fries, a drink and my meds. ( I call fries happy foods. I try to stay away from starches but I swear i feel an instant lift to my mood from anything potatoes) I do feel better today a little. At the very least I am getting more done without dropping in my tracks.

One thing that I have found that is helping is gargling with hot salt water or with just high alcohol mouthwash. I am doing that 4 times a day. yuck I cannot find where I packed my neti pot but those help also. Might have to go buy another one.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    :hugs

8. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    Heather have you seen the doc recently? RSV is going around in our area...

9. HeatherLynn

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I went to the doctor yesterday. I got loaded up on steroids ( which I hate taking), antibiotics( which I also hate taking), some type of pearly pill to numb my throat, and an inhaler. I do already feel better though. I don't much care for the effects of the pearly pill. No pain or throat spasms is great but for whatever reason number the whole area upped my voice a couple notches and I sounded like a barbie. I was not amused. My husband was though. When it started wearing off slowly everything went back to normal.

I am just trying to be patient and do everything they said to do and get better fast. Too much to get done to be sick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by