1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Before and Afters

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Equest94, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    I figured that since a lot of people here own rescues it'll be fun to post before and after pictures - just to see how far our "critter friends" can come with a little TLC. Now, it doesn't have to be a rescue, it can be baby pictures - now, you know, anything that made a huge transformation [for the better] and it doesn't have to be animals...

Ok, I'll start...

SABINA - Carolina Dog/German Shepherd mix rescue

At the SPCA shelter (look how tiny and skinny):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now at home (not so tiny, and a bit more than not so skinny):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"MC" - '94 AQH mare

Just starting to come back into work after being off for 4+months:
    [​IMG]
    ^^AH! That's one embarrassing pic - "does this saddle make my butt look big?" - yeah...just a tad...

A months later:
    [​IMG]

(I'll have to take a current pic of her and post it, she looks waaay more fit now)

and of course... my chickies

As Babies:
    [​IMG]

Now:
    [​IMG]

That's it for now, but i may edit more in...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Huey--rescue Peruvian colt in June of 2005:

[​IMG]
    Back Feet:
    [​IMG]
    Front Feet:
    [​IMG]
    In August 2005:
    [​IMG]
    back feet:
    [​IMG]
    Front Feet:
    [​IMG]

Kally, in summer of 2000
    [​IMG]

Kally, fall of 2001
    [​IMG]

Bailey our lab? puppy--found on the highway, beaten & starved 5 days after we picked her up in February:
    [​IMG]
    And about a week ago:
    [​IMG]

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Wow!

Great job!
    I bet those animals are extremely apprieative that they ended up with a home with you.
    Congratulations!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Thank you!

5. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Wow thats a great job with those rescues.

Thats an amazing job with Huey. I've seen horses with less damage never recover. You did a great job. How old was Kally in the first pics. She kind of just looks like a yearling in that awkward stage, but after seeing Huey's pics, I wonder if she isn't older and just pulled down really bad. She is beautiful in the second pic. She has nice lines and good hips.

Equest, I noticed that you called Sabina a Carolina Dog. The shelters here in SC, or atleast our local shelter, have started labeling American Pit Bulls, Carolina Terriers to make them more adoptable. I was just wondering if this is something that is spreading, or is the Carolina Dog a breed that I'm not familiar with? BTW, either way she is a nice looking dog.

6. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Oh how heart breaking!!!!!!!!!!! Those animals were so blessed to have found you guys. Huey just about brought me to tears. [​IMG]

7. Jolyn

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Oh gosh i forgot about my little rescue kitty.......I got him off Craigslist because we were looking for a barn cat...his owner said he always brought her little "treats" and that he only ate what he caught. She made it sound like it was his choice.....When i went to get him i almost left him there because i thought he was ill.......But i had to take him.....

Here is him in June 2007
    [​IMG]
    Here he is in Sept 2007
    after getting canned food for a couple months...
    [​IMG]
    And this picture was taken five minutes ago....Boy he's a fatty now.....notice the tongue...haha
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Here is Topaz, not much after being found still nursing his roadkill mother.
    [​IMG]

And not too long ago, snuggling with my middle son.

[​IMG]

9. Jolyn

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    luvmychicknkids~ That is incredible!!!!!! Wow!!!!

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks. [​IMG] There were actually 4. I kept 2 at my house and my mother kept two at hers. This little guy just happens to be my favorite. A complete mommy's boy. They are all wonderful though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by