Before I plant this pussy willow tree, is it poisonous?

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
So I need shade for my duckhouse and I bought a tree to plant which I thought was a weeping willow, but it's actually a pussy willow tree... Willow Caprea Pendula St .
It's going to be beautiful but the little pussy willows all over it in spring will hang down in goose and duck reach, and also it's decidious, so the leaves/pussywillows will fall to the ground... I really need to know if it's safe before I plant it there.

So I need shade for my duckhouse and I bought a tree to plant which I thought was a weeping willow, but it's actually a pussy willow tree... Willow Caprea Pendula St .
I have more of the several on the property, and I often have to fence them off due to the Geese eating the leaves.
Anecdotally, I have never seen any adverse effects with the geese.

It's going to be beautiful but the little pussy willows all over it in spring will hang down in goose and duck reach, and also it's decidious, so the leaves/pussywillows will fall to the ground... I really need to know if it's safe before I plant it there.
How are the ducks and tree does it work because I'm doing the same with 🐔??

How are the ducks and tree does it work because I'm doing the same with 🐔??
great! no problems at all and have chickens in with the ducks for the last 18 months or so they’re all fine with it. It’s a really nice hiding place from Hawks and attracts Japanese Beatles so I pick the Beatles off and toss them down to the ducks and chickens it’s a win-win.

Back
Top Bottom