Before you bite into that holiday ham...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose and Fig

Grateful Geese
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Fall Creek Falls TN
There's probably been a link to this story before- I know I've seen similar.
Activist link removed

This is just one of the reasons I haven't eaten pork in over 20 years, and have no intention to ever do so.
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really easy to raise your own pork. All industrial farm animals are kept like that. Many states have large wild pig populations so you can hunt them as well.

The Humane Society is one step over from that other Animal group that is run by idiots. Their articles are always very slanted towards their agendas.

Last edited:
Ham and bacon are probably my favorite meats to eat.

Farrowing crates were developed to keep the sows from laying on and killing their piglets which they do pretty frequently. We had some hogs growing up and it didn't matter how big the pen was they were in, the sows always laid on and killed some of the piglets.

People who believe all the hogwash that certain groups put out online as being the way all animals are raised never cease to amaze me. If they tell you to drink the kool-aid are you going to follow them then too?

We have considered raising our own several times. Its hard holding ourselves back from starting too many projects at the same time. I think pretty much most animals raised in such an industrial way are in horribly filthy, unhealthy conditions. I'm not going to watch the clip because I really do love eating my Christmas ham ( yes I am a hypocrite for saying one thing but still doing another but I can live with it temporarily). I think as more and more people see this then hopefully they start moving toward raising their own. Personally I was told the chicken flock and coops must be completed and established before he wants to build me a cow barn and redo fencing. Then after I get a milk cow some piggies are in the works.

Until all that happens though I am going to be eating farm fresh eggs with don't wanna know how it was raised bacon.

Well, I don't eat pork because it's not kosher. But if I didn't follow a kosher diet, I would probably raise my own just like I do with the chickens for eggs.
Kinda hard to do that if you live in the city though!

One of the comments on the article: I believe Ghandi said something like " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way they treat thier animals"

That looks pretty bad. I can understand keeping them crated during birth and until the piglets are weaned. If they keep them that way the whole time it is just wrong. Too bad animals have to be kept like that for the company to make a profit. same with chickens and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom