Beginner help!!

DuckDuck23

In the Brooder
May 8, 2019
I’m getting my first ducks in a couple months and I’m really worried that I don’t know everything or I’ll mess up. There really aren’t too many care sheets out there, so I came here. I’ve heard different things about Brewer’s Yeast, so I need some help: How much do I add to the duckling’s food? How long do they need it? Is it bad for them to get too much of it? Another thing is grit. Do ducklings need grit? If not, what age do they need it? Also, do females need a specific form of calcium? Lastly, when should I switch from starter feed to regular feed? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I know everything. :)

First and foremost, this is the chicken section. Theres a duck section as well, so you might browse and get some info from there. I've raised two separate flocks of ducklings to adulthood and I never once used yeast. I also did not provide grit. I only give my chickens extra calcium, in the form of dried eggshells crushed up and scattered. Please Google the other information as it might depend upon your breed of ducks.

I’m getting my first ducks in a couple months and I’m really worried that I don’t know everything or I’ll mess up. There really aren’t too many care sheets out there, so I came here. I’ve heard different things about Brewer’s Yeast, so I need some help: How much do I add to the duckling’s food? How long do they need it? Is it bad for them to get too much of it? Another thing is grit. Do ducklings need grit? If not, what age do they need it? Also, do females need a specific form of calcium? Lastly, when should I switch from starter feed to regular feed? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I know everything. :)

I do not know much about ducklings, but my best advice is to do your research because when we got our chickens we checked out some books from the library and they give you lists of information about how to raise chickens or in your case ducklings. You could also check out some articles on BYC about ducklings.

I just came across your post. Did you find everything you need and how are they? :)

Back
Top Bottom