Beginner here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mely75, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Mely75

Mely75 New Egg

Sep 21, 2015
    Hey all. I'm looking forward to learning all I can from this community. I've recently acquired three chicks 2 barred Plymouth rocks and one buff Orpington. I've also built them a small coop to hopefully take to about week 22, giving me time to build a more sustainable coop. The chicks are about 3 weeks, and a great deal of fun to watch and care for.
    I don't want to start of in here with questions as I'm sure most have already been answered in the forums, but please feel free to msg or reply if you want to share any beginner tips for the breeds or just chicken raising 101... Thanks in advance..

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC. Don't feel you can't ask your questions here - even if they've been answered before that doesn't mean you can't ask them again, we love to "talk chicken" around here.

3. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi! Welcome! [​IMG] No worries! Shout out any questions you might have. Someone will give you a hand. If you go to the forum navigation and click the down arrow, you'll see the different helpful forums to post in. Best of luck with your girls!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens - The Learning Center probably will answer most questions you can think of. No joke.

5. Justplainchickn

Justplainchickn Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2014
    Colorado
    Hi and welcome! I felt the same way when I started here and decided that I was not learning anything by not asking, and by asking my questions I have gained so much even though there was lots of people that already asked those questions. I agree though with drumstick diva, the Learning Center is good 101 info and then you will be able to ask more specific questions as you go along. The best advise when we were building our coop was good ventilation without a draft is very important! Have fun with your new babies! It is so fun to watch them grow!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Welcome! Remember, you're only a beginner at the beginning! Won't be long and you'll be sharing things you've learned along the way!

1 person likes this.
  9. Mely75

Mely75 New Egg

Sep 21, 2015
    Thanks all for the warm welcome. Much appreciated ...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  10. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by