Beginner to all!

Good morning Chicken lovers!
I am new to the thought of raising chickens, and figured this would be a good place to start, rather than just jumping in and getting way over my head in chickens issues. :)

I am new, do not at this time have any chickens, and thought what better way to get myself started than joining a group who have chickens and get some ideas and advice on what, how, to raise chickens and build a good coop for my chickens.

I have no chickens at this time, as I am not sure what type or kind to purchase in my area or if there is a certain type you need to purchase. My main reasons for wanting to raise chickens is for my family, and for my grandkids. So, they can benefit and enjoy raising what they eat and teaching them some good valuable lessons and for fun.

I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren, I have four and work full-time, but there will come a time when I don't and this will be something i can share with my family and provide for us all as well.

I found this forum and website researching how to build a coop. I was researching coops for chickens as my best friend and her husband have just purchased chicks and are beginning the chicken life of raising chickens. As I love to research and get all the information I can before I actually do anything. I thought it would be a good fit for both of our benefit to have one of us join and get information on raising chickens. As my best friend isn't that person, here I am.

Thank you for accepting me into your group and I look forward to seeing and interacting with everyone and getting some good advice and tips from all of you.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom