Beginner With Baby Chicks. Can I Introduce Baby Chicks One Week Apart?

laurelmey

Hatching
Mar 22, 2015
South West Idaho
I am a beginner with 8, three day old chicks. I would like to get two more chicks next week. Supplier did not have the breeds I wanted all at the same time. Is it okay to put the new chicks with the chicks I have already had for one week? How would I introduce them??? Thank you!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, you can mix week and two week old chicks with no problems. Generally the pecking order is not begining to form until week 2 or 3. So you will be safe. Just leave the temp at 90 when you add the newer babies and work the temp down by 5 degrees after new babies are 1 full week old.

Enjoy all your new chicks!! If you have any questions about them along the way, feel free to ask around the forums. Welcome to our flock!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate Raising chicks is a fantastic experience. I'm sure you will enjoy this new adventure. Good luck with adding your new ones and be sure to ask any other questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy your new babies and BYC :frow

TwoCrows, You were right! Got my two day old chicks today and put them in with my week old chicks and there have been no problems. Thank you!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom