Beginner's Hatch-A-Long

I set my first 4 eggs on March 3 and two more on March 5. Yes, I read a lot first, but have made a few mistakes. Most of the mistakes have been due to getting used to new equipment in our climate.

Candled today on day 7 and looks like right now out of the 13 we should have about 10 or 11 on the way so far. Three looked to be unfertilized but still left them in for a little longer to make sure, however I say 10-11 because it looks like we could have a set of twins on the way! These are a mix of an Americana Rooster and RIR & Red Comet Hens. Posted the youtube video below!

Twins:

Here is just another video of one of the other eggs movement:

Last edited:
How much temp variation should there be?  On day 9 I started getting at least 2 degree fluctuations in my incubator.  It was holding good until then.
I know the temp should be 99.5. I think a degree either way probably doesn't change much. But heat will kill so flux on lower end. I'm only a first timer so hopefully more experienced people will chime in;)

I'm on day seven right now (whoo-hoo!). I'm incubating 14 Easter eggers and barnyard randoms lol. Here's a photo from last night (day 6):

My awesome roommate made me a styrofoam incubator that I've had a heck of a time keeping temps down and humidity up. The joys of living in the California desert :/

Were on day 5 with italian, english and japanese quail eggs and already I cant wait to see them hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom