Beginners tips for ducks?

Give him the liquid B complex 1 ml 1X a day and you might have to do it for life since he is crested. But putting it on a treat means you can make sure he is getting full dose. If you put it in his water it is diluted and you have no way of knowing if he is getting full dose.
Keep the Liquid B complex in the frig it will last indefinitely.
Do you have a link where I can buy some?

Uncle Waldow is beautiful. I am so glad you rescued him. May we see a photograph of his rear end to see the feathers there?

I have a crested Pekin drake. He's a rescue and tightly bonded with one of my rescued muscovy drakes. This has resulted in a pekin drake that thinks he is a muscovy and climbs! He jumps up steps as readily as he crosses my patio. He jumps over barriers when I try to confine him in the coop, he jumps up on top of a dog crate in the coop. He has no neurological symptoms [although he is a complete air head] and is not on niacin.

My son has a crested female pekin. She has a large crest -- its quite splendid. She is a very loud little duck, quite a character, and has no neurological symptoms. She is supplemented with brewer's yeast in her feed -- 1 tbsp per cup of duck pellets -- as she is laying.

Not all crested ducks have neurological problems. But enough do that we would not breed from either of our crested [and certainly not the two crested together.]

I, like others above, am concerned about your Uncle Waldo being on his own. You must not let him loose with your chickens as drakes like mating. Drakes are not physically compatible with hens and can cause internal damage if they attempt to mate a hen.
Where are you? You may be able to get another drake or two from a local rehabber, or adopt from the local SPCA or local chapter of the Humane Society. Drakes frequently get dumped [my 5 are all rescues] and are "hard" to rehome because one needs 3 or 4 females ducks to each drake. You might also advertise as "wanted a drake" on social media.

Back
Top Bottom