Beginning to notice...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicknmania, Dec 4, 2014.

1. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    That the easiest way to get information out of some of these threads that are pages long, is simply to read the first page, and then the last page. Seems there are several people posting on these Loooonnng threads who get sidetracked and off topic, turning the whole thread into a seemingly useless argument, and making it difficult for anyone else (who wants to learn something) to make sense out of anything. Sad, because .....everyone has something useful to share. That's the whole point of this forum, isnt' it? Constant arguing and off topic discussions is counter productive. Just my two cents, and a bit of advice for whoever might need it. . [​IMG]

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    X2 and worth more than 2 cents.
    Second page is usually useful too. One can tell right away if a post is off topic.

3. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    yeah, actually the first few pages, depending on how many pages are in the thread. If there's forty or so, usually you're doomed after the first three pages though, lol!

4. Toddrick

Toddrick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2014
    Indiana
    I cannot stand to even begin to read a thread that is more than a few pages long. I don't understand why there are so many long threads on this site, but I avoid them entirely. It's just information overload.

The opposite problem is that new posts, the ones that should be the most active discussions, rarely get more than a few comments, which I believe is due to all the role playing threads and long threads bumping them down on the 'New Posts' list.

1 person likes this.
  5. ChickenCanoe

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    True. That, and people constantly asking the same questions day after day rather than searching for the exact same info.
    Can anyone spell, L A Z Y?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    What I don't understand is why there are so many questions asked that would be so easy to just google the answers to. As you say, it must just be laziness.

1 person likes this.
  7. ChickenCanoe

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    [​IMG]

8. CoffeeNChicks

CoffeeNChicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2014
    Bingo! That's it exactly.

Only so much time in a day. No time to sort through fluff and fodder

9. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Anymore, if I feel like looking at or responding to new threads, I always choose the ones that are "unanswered" first. There is a huge amount of traffic anymore, and yeah, I don't know if it's
    laziness so much as new people just don't think to search first, or don't know you can do that. They just go to the forum, rather than googling or trying to search on here. It is frustrating when you really do need feedback or an answer, and are lucky to even get one answer sometimes!

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Me too, mostly in the Emergency category because I know how it is to be waiting for help when one of your dear chickens is sick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by