Beginning to notice...

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
That the easiest way to get information out of some of these threads that are pages long, is simply to read the first page, and then the last page. Seems there are several people posting on these Loooonnng threads who get sidetracked and off topic, turning the whole thread into a seemingly useless argument, and making it difficult for anyone else (who wants to learn something) to make sense out of anything. Sad, because .....everyone has something useful to share. That's the whole point of this forum, isnt' it? Constant arguing and off topic discussions is counter productive. Just my two cents, and a bit of advice for whoever might need it. .
hmm.png

yeah, actually the first few pages, depending on how many pages are in the thread. If there's forty or so, usually you're doomed after the first three pages though, lol!

I cannot stand to even begin to read a thread that is more than a few pages long. I don't understand why there are so many long threads on this site, but I avoid them entirely. It's just information overload.

The opposite problem is that new posts, the ones that should be the most active discussions, rarely get more than a few comments, which I believe is due to all the role playing threads and long threads bumping them down on the 'New Posts' list.

True. That, and people constantly asking the same questions day after day rather than searching for the exact same info.
Can anyone spell, L A Z Y?

Last edited:
True. That, and people constantly asking the same questions day after day rather than searching for the exact same info.
Can anyone spell, L A Z Y?

What I don't understand is why there are so many questions asked that would be so easy to just google the answers to. As you say, it must just be laziness.

I cannot stand to even begin to read a thread that is more than a few pages long. I don't understand why there are so many long threads on this site, but I avoid them entirely. It's just information overload.

The opposite problem is that new posts, the ones that should be the most active discussions, rarely get more than a few comments, which I believe is due to all the role playing threads and long threads bumping them down on the 'New Posts' list.

Bingo! That's it exactly.

Only so much time in a day. No time to sort through fluff and fodder

Anymore, if I feel like looking at or responding to new threads, I always choose the ones that are "unanswered" first. There is a huge amount of traffic anymore, and yeah, I don't know if it's
laziness so much as new people just don't think to search first, or don't know you can do that. They just go to the forum, rather than googling or trying to search on here. It is frustrating when you really do need feedback or an answer, and are lucky to even get one answer sometimes!

Anymore, if I feel like looking at or responding to new threads, I always choose the ones that are "unanswered" first. There is a huge amount of traffic anymore, and yeah, I don't know if it's
laziness so much as new people just don't think to search first, or don't know you can do that. They just go to the forum, rather than googling or trying to search on here. It is frustrating when you really do need feedback or an answer, and are lucky to even get one answer sometimes!

Me too, mostly in the Emergency category because I know how it is to be waiting for help when one of your dear chickens is sick.

Back
Top Bottom