Beginning to Squat

I'll be interested in hearing when they start laying as my girls have been squating for almost two weeks now and NOTHING. Not sure if my girls are toying with me or what as I thought I had read that when they start squating, eggs are days away...not weeks away. I'm driving myself nuts with waiting. LOL.

Good luck!

I'll be interested in hearing when they start laying as my girls have been squating for almost two weeks now and NOTHING. Not sure if my girls are toying with me or what as I thought I had read that when they start squating, eggs are days away...not weeks away. I'm driving myself nuts with waiting. LOL.

Good luck!
Mine squatted several weeks before started laying.

Look for really red wattles/combs and around the eyes. Watch for some irritable PMS action in mornings and it will them be imminent.

Two of my birds started singing 3-4 weeks ago and started squatting 2-3 weeks ago. In the last 11 days we've had 17 eggs from the two girls. Very excited about it. I hope yours start soon.

Two of my birds started singing 3-4 weeks ago and started squatting 2-3 weeks ago. In the last 11 days we've had 17 eggs from the two girls. Very excited about it. I hope yours start soon.

17 eggs from two girls? Keep some records they are going to be world record holders if they keep that up. The record used to be 364 eggs in 365 days. (Though I think it's recently been beaten) Are you sure someone else hasn't joined them? :)

Well that world record of 364 is the Black Australorp, and the reason why we got two of them. One started laying, she has given us 10 eggs in these 11 days. Can't wait for the other to start.

Back
Top Bottom