Behavior

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Peplers chicks, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Peplers chicks

Peplers chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Started again and already have the same problems, neighbors dogs like kentucky. After enclosed the dogs the chicks flew over the fence, my question is ____Does a chickens behavior for ex. laying and breeding habits, be set back if her feathers are pruned

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Trimming wing feathers does not affect a chickens behavior. It may however make them more vulnerable to predation. Can you put a top on their run?

3. Peplers chicks

Peplers chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Not really, the problem lies during day time when they feed on 5 acre land, on my property is flats that I rent out, the new tenants have dogs

4. sweetappleacres

sweetappleacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    So my Chicken Jo that I thought was a Chicken Jane is a Jo after all. I heard and saw him crowing this morning while my older roo chased him. At first I thought it was my roo that crowed and chased Chicken Jo bc he was trying to get frisky, but then I saw Jo crow. Is it normal for my roo (Ronnie) to have chased (briefly) Jo? Never dealt with 2 roos so just trying to figure this behavior out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by