Behind in development?

Sphinx

Crowing
13 Years
May 10, 2010
Utah
I haven't come across this before, so I'm curious if you have.

I have 7 eggs in my incubator, all placed at the exact same time. 4 are lavender ameraucanas (though their father is slightly suspect, so they could be a mix), and three are BCM. They are 10 days along now.

All four of the lavs seem to look perfect when I candle them- lots of movement, and they seem to be exactly as developed as I expected.

All of the BCM seem to be much smaller- they look like they're only 6 or so days along. I saw movement in all three, but frankly, one didn't look quite right, and I think there was a bacterial ring. I expect that one to die in the next day or two.

But, what about the other two? Did I just see it wrong?

I have the same thing going on. I started with 41 eggs, 36 made it to lockdown. When I candled them, there were 9 that looked to be several days behind in development. They were all moving in there, though, so I hope they make it. If none of them have done anything by the time the others have hatched, I'm going to candle them and see how they look. If they're still alive and developing, I'll keep them going and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom