Being the top Roo with games...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mourningdove, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hi all, I have something I wish to share...Any of you love playing with and spending time with your flock? I have read that in order to maintain top roo spot when you have roosters that your suppose to contantly interact with them? I have 3 different roosters that I enjoy hearing crow, some of you might think this is nuts but alll of my roosters know their names and I play this game with them(I guess I hang out with them too much hehehehe) anyway I can always get them in a crowing war, I will say Blackie talk to me and when he does I thank him and then say Sid talk to me & he does and I thank him, then I say Rudy your turn and then he does I thank him then we just repeat the game they all chime in on cue! I know most of you think I am crazey doing this but it's so funny to see/hear!!! Anyone else do this sort of thing with their flock? Just wondering....[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I sat Thor down in my lap tonight and gave him a long talk about the birds and the bees. In other words, no matter how much he likes roosting on the nest boxes, he's never gonna be able to lay an egg! And nest boxes are strictly for those that can lay eggs!! [​IMG]
    I also reminded him that no matter how handsome he is and no matter how much I love him, he'll taste like chicken just the same!

Does that count? [​IMG]

3. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    my only question to that is did he answer you conversation???[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by