Belchertown, MA chicken rules ?

BtownChickies

Hatching
Apr 19, 2021
Hello all,
I am very new here. My family is considering buying a house in Belchertown, MA. My kids *really* want to get chickens at our new house. Does anyone know where I can find the regulations for having chickens in Belchertown, MA? Or is there anyone here from Belchertown who can tell me how things work there? I would be greatly appreciative of any help. Thank you!!

Right here is your zoning.

§ 145-24. Breeding, raising or keeping of animals. [Amended 5-12-2008 ATM by Arts. 18, 19]

1618860195122.png

Basically, if you have nearly an acre (.91 acre+) and you abide by all setbacks, and they are fenced, and they have a shelter which complies with the Board of Health Regulations, and all of which complies with mandatory zoning setbacks, in a dry and mostly odor free manner, you can have poultry.

Right here is your zoning.

§ 145-24. Breeding, raising or keeping of animals. [Amended 5-12-2008 ATM by Arts. 18, 19]

View attachment 2625084

Basically, if you have nearly an acre (.91 acre+) and you abide by all setbacks, and they are fenced, and they have a shelter which complies with the Board of Health Regulations, and all of which complies with mandatory zoning setbacks, in a dry and mostly odor free manner, you can have poultry.
Thank you SO much!!

Back
Top Bottom