Beloved chickens death

Oh I am so sorry. :hugs It not always easy, some of them really get wound around our hearts and it hurts when they go. It takes time to heal. Just give the ones you still have extra love and I hope your heavy heart heals soon. :hugs

Do you have any photos of the one you lost or your flock?

Oh I am so sorry. :hugs It not always easy, some of them really get wound around our hearts and it hurts when they go. It takes time to heal. Just give the ones you still have extra love and I hope your heavy heart heals soon. :hugs

Do you have any photos of the one you lost or your flock?
Thank you for your response!:hugs She was my great flyer, spunky, crested, like to be snuggled when wet, crazy but beautiful looking rare girl!
Yes, I do have some pictures, not super resent but I
have lots!
20200630_145223.jpg
20200630_145435_HDR.jpg
20200806_103241.jpg
20200806_103651.jpg
20200416_174452.jpg
20200630_144957.jpg
20200416_174022.jpg
20200329_192408.jpg
20200326_133651.jpg
20200326_133322.jpg

Attachments

• 20200507_151351.jpg
    20200507_151351.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 1
I don't know that you "get over it." You just move on and appreciate the ones that are left. I still won't get any more Plymouth Barred Rocks, RIRs or Sicilian Buttercups because I stupidly left a coop door open one night a few years ago, and only my Buff Orp survived a savage mink attack. I keep a jar on my dresser with feathers from each of them to remind me to take care of my babies and as a visual reminder of how pretty they all were.

Your girl was beautiful, and you should always remember the days you had with her, just as you would with anyone else you loved. I am so sorry for your loss.

Awww.....:hugs how old was she? How did she die?
I lost my first on in the winter. Fence wasn’t working, and a predator got in.
In my experience, going out to the birds will feel strange for a while. Counting them is the worst, but then after a while you begin to be more grateful about the ones you still have.
My dear Martha
View attachment 2345618
Thank you! I know it has been so hard to count them and have 1 less even though it is only one down it feels so empty without one of my beautiful, sweet girls.:hit

I don't know that you "get over it." You just move on and appreciate the ones that are left. I still won't get any more Plymouth Barred Rocks, RIRs or Sicilian Buttercups because I stupidly left a coop door open one night a few years ago, and only my Buff Orp survived a savage mink attack. I keep a jar on my dresser with feathers from each of them to remind me to take care of my babies and as a visual reminder of how pretty they all were.

Your girl was beautiful, and you should always remember the days you had with her, just as you would with anyone else you loved. I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you so much, before we buried her we took a few of her feathers to keep. I am sorry for your losses also and I definitly know i'll probably never forget her, my spunky girl.

Thank you! I know it has been so hard to count them and have 1 less even though it is only one down it feels so empty without one of my beautiful, sweet girls.:hit
Awww.....:hugs how old was she? How did she die?
I lost my first on in the winter. Fence wasn’t working, and a predator got in.
In my experience, going out to the birds will feel strange for a while. Counting them is the worst, but then after a while you begin to be more grateful about the ones you still have.
My dear Martha
View attachment 2345618
She was only 7 months:hitway to young.

Back
Top Bottom