Below zero/young chickens outside...

My silkies do fine in my unheated coop in the negative temperatures but my young silkies snuggle with the adults but if they are not integrated that probably won’t work. Basement is probably a good choice for the young ones do you have an unheated area for them that way they get better acclimated?

My silkies do fine in my unheated coop in the negative temperatures but my young silkies snuggle with the adults but if they are not integrated that probably won’t work. Basement is probably a good choice for the young ones do you have an unheated area for them that way they get better acclimated?

not really, but our basement isn’t the warmest. It’s probably 60-65 downstairs. I’m guessing the chicks will be inside for awhile since there a cold blast hitting the Midwest.

We are about to get a big drop in temperature tonight. I have a few from my last hatch out there that are 4 months old but they were raised by broodies so they will snuggle in the pile. If they were younger or not integrated I would be bringing them in too.

Back
Top Bottom