Bereft…the tears just won’t stop.

Pics
August 2022.

Can’t get any worse.

Lost my beautiful beautiful beautiful SLO rooster. Injured defending his girls. I tried everything to nurse him back to health, but he didn’t make it.

Lost my job after working at the same place for 12 years (redundant.)

Today, I lost another SLO, during the day. Called everyone to come in… and she wasn’t anywhere.

My heart is just broken.

These are daylight murders and I need some help trying to figure out what is killing them. And how to kill the predator.

Ideas?
I'm so sorry for your losses. hugs.:hugs

August 2022.

Can’t get any worse.

Lost my beautiful beautiful beautiful SLO rooster. Injured defending his girls. I tried everything to nurse him back to health, but he didn’t make it.

Lost my job after working at the same place for 12 years (redundant.)

Today, I lost another SLO, during the day. Called everyone to come in… and she wasn’t anywhere.

My heart is just broken.

These are daylight murders and I need some help trying to figure out what is killing them. And how to kill the predator.

Ideas?
It could be a neighbor's dog, foxes, or even a big, mean cat or any larger wild animal. Good for your rooster protecting his hens. I love roosters for that. Death is part of letting them live happily as they free range. If you have a good, gentle big dog who won't hurt or kill your birds, it will help protect your flock. Let it mark the area around your bird's roaming area. Take it out daily, several times a day to patrol. My Rottweiler/ blue healer cross chases away the foxes amd I havent seen any lately. My birds are coming back at night, too, as far as I can tell (I have 44 and they're hard to count.) Just make sure any protector dog is trustworthy because they can kill em too.
A man can mark your territory, too. If you find any kind of wild animal den, have him pee in it. Foxes usually leave after that.

Back
Top Bottom