Berryville/clarke county poultry auction

I was asked when the next poultry and small animal auction will be atthe berryville fairgrounds, well we have two dates. This Saturday the third and next Saturday the tenth of September. Sales start at 10 am, consignments taken from 7-10 am. More info call 304-702-5769.
They have other stuff too, I bought a cooler for a buck and serves us well during the past hot days.

Just got back from the Berryville auction. Got 4 nice poultry cages, like you use at shows, for $7. Not each... for all of them.
woot.gif
Poultry looked kind of rough and wouldn't buy any, but we wanted some cages and came to the right place.

That's cool. Good for you.

Are you sure there is another in Beryville the 10th? Seymour Auctions site lists their auction on the 10th as being in Culpeper. But then, they listed as the one today to be held at the Warren Co. Fairgrounds.

goozie, yep at the first I thought the same thing but the auction that you went to today isn't seymours. Seymours seems to be in Culpepper only and I heard it is HUGE. Last auction I talked to a couple who bought 30 guinea pigs but they only wanted 3, so they were gong to sell them back there and they said that it was a good auction. That is also what was printed on the want ad paper I saw and Iwent to the clark county fair website and neither is listed but does that really mean anything?

Last edited:
I've gone to the one at the fairgrounds. There wasn't very much to choose from as far as neat poultry. they had lots of older layers, mixes and banties, had two peafowl and several turkey jakes. The cages were going dirt cheap but the birds were not. The turkey jakes went for $25 ea. I heard the Seymours one is nice. Im on their mailing list and they send a newsletter about their upcoming auctions. Maybe try emailing them and they'll put you on it.

Back
Top Bottom