Berthoud \ NOCO

Shot of the coop front the top. Snug fit in the nook of the porch.

Window cracked for ventilation. It was hot today.

lower access panel.

Main Door

2" Feeder tube assembly.

Lower area access. Sliding door, & lower feeder tube.

Pull cord for the door.

Night shot.

Solar lanterns on the outside.

Lots of cruisers and viewers,but no one stops and posts.....
idunno.gif

We have completed our 1st hatch. we got 3 out of 20 eggs hatched. I dont think our rooster is doing his job completely...
barnie.gif

Second batch is in. I beleive we have 18 in this time. Hopefully we'll have a better percentage!
fl.gif

I recently removed the planting box from the top of the coop & replaced it with a slanted roof attachment. This was in my design of this coop. Planter in the growing season & a roof during the snowy months!
yesss.gif

How is everyones winter treating their chickens? We have managed to dodge any frostbite issues this year, even with the long stretchs of negative temps.
clap.gif

Last edited:
Your coop is great!

I gave one of the boys away - it was too much for the 12 girls. The remaining roo is a great guy. He's challenged me a few times. We have it out, then we go back to well-behaved.

They're doing fine this winter, but I've picked breeds that are cold tolerant and they get a heat lamp in the coop.

Speaking of which, it's time to redesign the coop. It's going to become part of a larger shed/coop/greenhouse building. Probably next year or the year after due to $.

I've got about 4-5 girls which need to go on to the next realm... Seriously, I want to get chicks this spring, but am at capacity. I could add more, but I love for them (and me) to have space.

We also have new neighbors - have to be sure their dogs are going to stay in the yard before mine get to free range again.

That's all the chicken-y news from West Berthoud!

Back
Top Bottom