Best Auto-turn Incubator for a dozen eggs?

What brand incubator are you using? Or do you want a small incubator with an auto-turner? Why only a dozen eggs? Your bator will hold a steadier temp with more eggs. Say you are useing a bator with a 42 egg capacity, it is best to put about 36 eggs in it. This doesn't overload it, yet lets it work the way it is designed to. If those that complain about certain bators were asked how many eggs they are trying to incubate in their bator, you would find most under or over load them.

Yes. I agree. Brinsea. All the way. It is WORTH the extra $$$$!!!! You never have to worry about anything...

GET THE PACKAGE WITH THE HUMIDITY MODUAL.

Even if you have to save for three years to get it... it is worth every dime!

Quote:
I will be hatching 24 eggs in a 42 egg bator, is that underloading? Should I put in a dozen ceramic eggs to act as heat sinks and let the turner work right? Are ceramic eggs too heavy for the turner to work right? I took out the extra racks; will this damage my hatch rate?

Also, should I configure my eggs in rows, or in a tight square in the middle? (5x5 with hole in middle) What are the advantages of the better configuration?

For a small amount it seems the Lyon TX6 is a great model or the Rcom 20. Both very exspensive. I have heard the Brinsea 20 Autoturner has been breaking down quite a bit, very alarming as I know it takes alot of planning to get it all together then wake up or come home and find it not working. But I can say with the brinsea twenty, if the autoturner does malfunction, it can just be popped out and autorotated, saving the hatch. As the others are not so simple to leave em be while turning them, upsetting their environment. Now I have even confused my own decision. Thanks!! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom