1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best Automatic chicken door made.. Chicken Guard

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by the43k, May 28, 2014.

1. DaveOmak

DaveOmak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    My Coop
    the43k, morning.... Don't you hate it when you find something YOU like, and try to pass on that information to others, and you are told "YOU ARE WRONG".....

Great video.... thanks.....

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. pbarr86

pbarr86 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Holliston, MA
    You can only quote YOU ARE WRONG if someone actually said YOU ARE WRONG. What I said is he made a great video, looks like a great product and I would point it out to others of the situation came up. I just didn't agree with the "massive flaw" comment and wanted other readers to understand why I thought what I thought with a valid example. I don't think I slammed the chickenguard at all or even said he was wrong about recommending it.

3. mathewmarie

mathewmarie Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2014

Link appears messed up. I'd love to know more....

4. the43k

the43k Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2013
    Princeton, New Jersey
    When it comes to products, I think sometimes there may be outside interests, posing as "regular people" to promote a product. Don't think thats the case here. But I also think people like what they bought better, because well…..they bought it. So saying that some else is better, might mean they could have made a better decision. Most times, I think its just about money. I don't like **** "Jerry rigged" or looking like Sanford and Son, while others could care less and if it only cost 3 bucks, yahoo. Now, before everyone jumps in. I'm most concerned about eating healthy, treating animals fairly and living life in a sustainable manner. If you get there in your own way. Good for you. :)

5. the43k

Feb 21, 2013
    Princeton, New Jersey
    when it….

6. the43k

Feb 21, 2013
    Princeton, New Jersey
    great,whats controlling when it opens and closes?

7. Davidhalpern2

Davidhalpern2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2014
  8. the43k

Feb 21, 2013
    Princeton, New Jersey
    Works great, I just don't want to have to go out there every morning and night.

9. the43k

Feb 21, 2013
    Princeton, New Jersey
    one last thing.. make sure you have something for the chickens to climb onto, if you've place your nipples at full grown chicken height.

10. cherok

cherok Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2014
    Roswell, GA
    how does someone who is stateside get this control box?

thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by