Best automatic door?

Check out the Pullet-Shut door. I have had mine for over 5 years and had no issues with it. It has been a quality, dependable door. The door and frame are made of aluminum so you don't have to worry about the door rusting or warping. I like mine so well that I recently purchased a second one for another coop.

I just installed the standard version of the chicken guard on my coop, I got it as a bundle with the self locking door kit. Its not the cheapest but it works very well and was very easy to install and set up. I went for the standard one because I don't think I would use the automatic light sensor to open and close the door, I prefer letting them out later in the summers so they don't upset the neighbours at 6am.

I just installed the standard version of the chicken guard on my coop, I got it as a bundle with the self locking door kit. Its not the cheapest but it works very well and was very easy to install and set up. I went for the standard one because I don't think I would use the automatic light sensor to open and close the door, I prefer letting them out later in the summers so they don't upset the neighbours at 6am.
I got the self locking too. And I'd also want to do the timer rather than the automatic light sensor. I just don't like not having control of that variable.

Back
Top Bottom